AmCham means American Chamber of Commerce in Albania, a non-for-profit business organization established pursuant to the Albanian legislation
- Data Protection Law
Law on Data Protection no.9887/2008, as amended.
General Data Protection Regulation Act.
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed, in compliance with the laws and secondary legal acts applicable, and who is responsible for the fulfilment of obligations defined by law.
- Data Processor
Data Processor means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- Data Subject
Data Subject is any natural person whose Personal Data are being processed.
1. Principles for processing personal data
Our principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
- Transparency. The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed and used.
2. What personal data we collect and process
AmCham collects several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Phone number;
- Address, State, ZIP/Postal code, City
3. How we use the personal data
AmCham uses the collected personal data for various purposes:
- To provide you with services;
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To publish yearly/semi-annually/monthly publications regarding members and/or third parties.
4. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
AmCham legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the personal data we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information, pursuant to the data protection law, GDPR, and sub-legal acts issued by the data protection commissioner in Albania, in cases when:
- AmCham needs to perform a contract with you;
- You have given AmCham permission to do so;
- Processing your personal data is in AmCham legitimate interests;
- AmCham needs to comply with the relevant laws and sub-legal acts.
5. Retention of personal data
AmCham will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy.
AmCham will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
6. Data protection rights
All data subjects and residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- The right of rectification;
- The right to object;
- The right of restriction;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to withdraw consent.
7. Disclaimer Notice
The information contained on AmCham website and/or its publications (the "Service") is for general information purposes only. AmCham assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents on the Service.
In no event shall AmCham be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service. AmCham reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents on the Service at any time without prior notice. AmCham does not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components. All personal data have been collected and processed with the explicit approval of the data subjects according to the Data Protection Law and GDPR, and AmCham does not bear any responsibility whatsoever regarding the correctness of such personal data.